Thanks to everyone for your participation and fantastic performances over the five days. You are the stars and you were in the star company. Hope you enjoyed it as much as we did. We look forward to seeing you in two years at the end of July 2025.
All photos you can find here.
In this year’s Bohemia, not only Tove Alexandersson (SWE) will start, but also the two current World Champions on long distance from the recent championship in Switzerland – Simona Aebersold (SUI) and Kasper Fosser (NOR). Kasper will run all days, Simona will run first three stages.
Dear competitors, we are happy to welcome you again after two years at the international 5-day Bohemia Orienteering races. Our team has prepared 5 stages for you in the sandstone terrains around Svojkov village. We tried to make each stage a little different so you could enjoy everything to the fullest. So what awaits you?
July 25, 2023 – Training
You can get to know the terrain at two model trainings. There will always be 10 control points on the maps of “Jelení skok (deer jump)” directly in Nový Bor and “Rabštejnská vyhlídka (Rabštej view)” in the neighborhood of the racing area, which are marked with control flags in the terrain. Maps will be available for sale at the event center for CZK 25.
July 26, 2023 – 1st stage “Warm up middle“
The middle as it should be, with frequent changes of direction and alternating shorter and longer routes, was prepared for you by our young competitor Dan Pavlovec on the map of “Záhořínské kotliny (Záhořín basins)”. The start is located right in the arena and starts at 12:00 am.
July 27, 2023 – 2nd stage “Sandstone long”
The second day will be hard. Jaroslav Krejčí, one of the most experienced competitor of our club, has prepared courses full of route choices that will test your endurance in the forest of the Czech championship long 2022. It will be held in the sandstone rocks in the surroundings of “Slavíček (Nightingale)” hill and the map is called “Hraběcí cesta (Earl´s path)”.
July 28, 2023 – 3rd stage „Forest sprint“
A forest sprint in the most technically demanding part of the area awaits you on Friday. The courses setter Vratislav Lamač made perfect use of the possibilities of the detailed contour-mapped terrain full of small knolls, inconspicuous depressions and rock cliffs of various sizes. It will run on the map “Dva světy (Two Worlds)” at a scale of 1:4000 (ISSprOM 2019-2).
July 29, 2023 – 4th stage „Map delicacy“
Another young competitor of our club, Matěj Burda, took the course setting of the Saturday stage. In the rock towns around “Modlivý důl (the Praying Mine)”, full of boulders, rock towers and passages, you will enjoy an unusual experience on “Dědovy kameny (the Grandfather’s Stones)” map .
July 30, 2023 – 5th stage „Sunday’s Climax“
The start of the final stage begins at 09:00 am. It is traditionally a chasing start in Bohemia and it will not be any different this year either. Jan Pavlovec has prepared a long for you on the “Medvědí kemp (bear camp)” map. You can look forward to the slopes strewn with boulders and little rock cliffs from the ever-present sandstone.
10 facts about this year’s Bohemia that you should remember:
1. Almost 1600 competitors from 27 countries of the world are registered
2. The races are held in unique sandstone terrains around the village of Svojkov
3. All stages have the same arena, which you can reach either by your own cars or by the organizers’ buses
4. Stages 3 and 4 have a finish outside the arena, for the oldest competitors DH70+ a transport will be organized to the start and from the finish for these stages; it is not possible to reach them with your own car in any case
5. Maps are printed on waterproof Synaps material
6. An increasingly popular club scoring competition is announced
7. Bohemia includes two accompanying races – Microsprint on July 28 and Beer Relays on July 29
8. On Thursday morning you will get a free homemade cake at the arena
9. When a blue jersey runs past you in the forest on Saturday, it could be Tove Alexandersson
10. The next, already the 25th year of Bohemia, we will prepare for you in 2025 in Sosnová near Česká Lípa
Wednesday July 19, 2023 is the last day when it is possible to order clothes and accessories with the BOHEMIA ORIENTEERING logo from our partner OLAND via the website!
Choose at www.olandsport.com/bohemia5days ; at the checkout, select “delivery to events” and the goods will be delivered to the race site in Nový Bor. Don’t miss it!